6 Books I Plan on Reading in 2018

Cheers to 2018!

I've decided to make a small list of books that I would like to read in 2018. As you can see from the pic above; I've got paperbacks of all of the books I'm about to mention down below. Some of these books have been sitting on my TBR for quite a while...

11.22.63 by Stephen King:
I like reading Stephen King. And I haven't read any of his books in quite a while - which is why this one is in the pile (and the only one that I currently have that I haven't read yet!).

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr:
I got this book because it was on special - and because I've heard so much about it.

Unfathered by Disa Mogashana:
I saw this book floating around on Instagram; and when I read the blurb - I knew that I had to add this book to my tbr. I paid a bit of a price for it - but I'm quite sure that it's going to be worth it! This book is by a South African author. 

Sisterhood by Bobbie Houston:
I've occasionally listened to Hillsong musicians as well as watched two or three of the church's sermons. When I saw that this book was on special online on the local Christian bookstore, I decided to get it for myself. This is most likely going to be an empowering and inspiring book from what I've read of the blurb - so I'm excited to get into this one!

Queen Elizabeth: The Queen Mother - The Official Biography by William Shawcross:
I haven't ever really followed the royal family; though I hear little bits and pieces from my mom every now and then. And since I like biographies - when I saw this book on special I decided to get it for myself.

And last but not least...

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin:
I've only read the first book in this series so far - and have only watched the first season. I want to read the books before I carry on with the TV show. But with my busy schedule this past year - I haven't really been able to set aside time to read the second book in the series - so next year I'm going to finally read it. 

Last Word:
And so these are some of the leisure books that I really want to read next year. If there's any particular books that you think I should read first; you are more than welcome to mention it in the comments below. How is your reading schedule looking for next year?

Enjoy,
Carmen. 

Comments